none
Adding a command button pop up in Visual Studio Add in RRS feed

• Question

• Alright. I added a new Command bar in a Visual Studio Add-in I created, and things are working fine as long as long as the simple buttons in it are concerned.

1). But I want to add a drop down button like this in Visual Studio (is it called a split button dropdown?):

Which lets you click on it as a button (left side) for the most common use, and opening a pop up for less common uses. Then I came to know that even though Microsoft exposes these control types, but we developers can't create them. I don't know why would you do that? Why are we not allowed to create such a button? Is there some other way they can be created if not through the 'object model'?

2). Nevertheless, I created a CommandBarPopup which seems to be the only pop up thing allowed - but then it seems we can't set an image on that! So it's just a sub-menu put inside the toolbar with only text - and all the other buttons on the Toolbar I created are just images ! Am I missing something?

So my toolbar looks like this, and for the last pop up menu I want something like a button drop down, or at least 'both image and text' if not only image ...

Thanks!
    Piyush

• Edited by Piyush Soni Saturday, June 2, 2012 3:03 AM added 2nd image
    Saturday, June 2, 2012 2:57 AM

Answers

All replies