Opening pdf and populating fields RRS feed

• Question

• In my current application all the textboxes are populated from my database.  I want the user to be able to click a button, open a pdf, and populate the pdf fields based on the current record.  Can anyone help me with this, please?

Monday, March 17, 2008 7:53 PM

Answers

• i did this using crystal reports, i designed the rpt exactly the same as the pdf document, drop relevant fields that i wanted populating on the report from the ide then export it to a pdf file on an invisible form on my app, works great.  I found the third party components to do this cost a fortune whereas I already owned crystal reports

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 1:41 PM

All replies

• i did this using crystal reports, i designed the rpt exactly the same as the pdf document, drop relevant fields that i wanted populating on the report from the ide then export it to a pdf file on an invisible form on my app, works great.  I found the third party components to do this cost a fortune whereas I already owned crystal reports

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 1:41 PM
  • you wouldn't happen to have the code to export it to a pdf would you?

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 1:46 PM
  • i blogged about it ages ago here.. http://geekswithblogs.net/ntsmith/archive/2006/06/13/81687.aspx

It works in windows forms too

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 2:49 PM