none
Metric Alert Action Group Not Sending Email When Firing RRS feed

• Question

• I have an alert configured to use an Action Group with Email Azure Resource Manager Role to the monitoring contributor role of which I am the sole member. When the alert fires, no email is sent even though the history indicates that the action group executed. If I change it to just Email/SMS... and set the same email that is attached to my user profile, I do receive an email. I have tried adding different users with emails configured to the role and they are not receiving emails either. What could be the issue?

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 7:55 PM

All replies

• Thanks Richard for reaching out. I have reached out to our internal Product team to better understand if there are open issues following this scenario . Will update the thread if i any further updates. 

Could you please help confirm if you see the same behavior if the role is  set to Owner/Contributor/Reader instead of "Monitoring Contributor Role" ? 

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 3:49 AM
    Owner
  • Hello Richard ,

I did hear back from our internal product team and glad to call out that there are no active issues with this feature as if now , and the "monitoring contributor" role is not treated differently to the other roles like owner/reader/contributor on our end.

For a successful email notification corresponding to these roles below main conditions need to be met.

• Role needs to be assigned at the subscription scope, and not at any of the child scopes (like resource/resource group/action group, etc.).
    • Type of the entity assigned to the role has to be "User", as we do not resolve and send emails to any other types like "Group".

Would request you to validate the above conditions are met and see if the email alerts are being sent or not. If you still continue to see the issue would request you to send an email to AzCommunity@microsoft.com  with your Subscription details, action group ID and a link to this thread so we can verify and direct the request accordingly for further troubleshooting.

Hope this information helps. Please revert back if you have any queries.

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 5:30 PM
    Owner