none
Export to Excel in Report Viewer Issue RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    When I try to export  to excel in report viewer i got "The file you are trying to open 'Test[1].xls', is in a different format than specified by the file extension. Verify that the file is not corrupted and is from a trusted source before opening the file. Do  you want to open the file now?" warning and if i click Yes, excel page will be  blank.

    If I am logged in my sharepoint intranet portal with Admin account, I can export into excel.but in normal user case its not working.PDF is working in both users.

     

    Let me know any solution?


    Jamshid
    Saturday, December 24, 2011 9:00 AM

All replies

  • I have the exact same issue. I have tried a number of different suggestions on other forums, but I cannot get this to work. I was told to add full permissions to the Temp dir to all domain users. I tried that as well as adding ISS users, etc. Anyone else have any luck?
    Tuesday, February 7, 2012 5:54 PM

  • I met the same issue above.Only users in Local Administrators group can export Excel file. Can anybody help ?

    • Edited by Rottess Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:16 AM
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:16 AM
  • I have the same issue.  On the spadmin account can get the export to work.  All other users get a blank xls or doc file.  I've tried changing permissions on the local temp directory, but nothing has worked. 

    Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:43 PM
  • I have the same issue. Any help must be appreciated.
    Friday, February 24, 2012 3:23 AM
  • I fixed the issue by doing the following steps:

    1. Login to your web front end server
    2. Identify your web site pool account
    3. Open CMD
    4. Run this command "runas /u:<Your Pool Account> /profile cmd"
    5. A new CMD will be opened. Paste this command to this CMD: "echo %userprofile%"
    6. Remember this temp folder
    7. Create a folder in this location "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Temp" and assign Modify Permission to Everyone

    Hope this will help you resolve the issue :)



    • Proposed as answer by Rottess Wednesday, February 29, 2012 7:36 AM
    • Edited by Rottess Wednesday, February 29, 2012 7:52 AM
    Wednesday, February 29, 2012 7:36 AM
  • Here is the solution that I used. 

    The web server was making a new user for the process (temp.domainName.001) and was using the temp folder inside this user to process the excel or word doc.  I added Authenticated Users to the temp directory with Full permissions and voila, problem solved.


    vincent gould

    Thursday, March 1, 2012 7:11 PM