visual studio 2010 web deployment setup RRS feed

• Question

• User-1997257017 posted

I would like you to suggest how to create a web deployment and/or use an existing web deployment project for a vb.net 2010 web forms application.

The options that I tried are the following:

1. When I look at the url : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd465323(v=vs.100).aspx and look at the "To specify files and settings to deploy" paragraph for .net 4.0 framework version, there is a picture of what the properties look like.

My screen does not look like what the graphic that is disayed in the link I listed above. When I click on the 'main' project folder, select properties, I see the following options: references, build, accessibility, start options, MSBUILD OPtions, Silverlight Applications.

Since I can see a build option and the link has a build option, I am thinking this is 'most' similar screen.

Thus can you give me more detailed directions on how to get the screen that is displayed in the link I am referencing?

2. I am trying to use the existing deployment package that is attached to this application. When I select the existing deployment project, in the debug folder there is a project.sln file. When I click on the project.sln file, I following error messages:

a. D:\_deploy\Letters : error  : Unable to open the Web site 'D:_deploy\Letters'.  The Web site 'D:\_deploy\Letters' does not exist.

b. D:\_deploy\Letters_deploy.wdproj : error  : Cannot find the project file 'D:\_deploy\Letters_deploy.wdproj'.

Thus can you tell me how to modify what I have tried so far and/or what you woould recommend? If you recommend something differently, can you give me directions on how complete your recommended deployment method?

Monday, August 4, 2014 5:29 PM

Answers

• User-1997257017 posted

ended up publishing the app.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, August 5, 2014 5:56 PM