none
Azure Files with Oracle Linux 6.4: mount error(112): Host is down (Azure Files Share)

Question

• If possible, i would just like someone to confirm the following conclusion: 

It looks like the Oracle Linux 6.4 does not support mounting shares on Azure Storage (Files).  By this I mean...

The only yum repository included in this image is the Oracle Linux deafult:  public-yum-ol6.repo

This has cifs-utils version:   cifs-utils-4.8.1-20.el6.x86_64

The mount operation fails with the following error:  mount error(112): Host is down

I have confirmed the host and storage account are both in West region. The host is not connected to a virtual network.  I have confirmed that the host can resolve the storage account name properly.  I have stopped IPTables and disabled SELinux on the host as a test.  Finally, I run the same mount command on a CentOS VM and it mounts successfully. 

Perhaps it's possible to download an RPM for a newer cifs-utils version and mount it that way. This post is just confirming that I have not missed something that can make it work as-is. 

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 4:09 PM

Answers

• Disregard, the answer was posted previously: 

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/d4f5d6c2-0f2e-44cb-95f1-181f9f2c223b/unable-to-use-share-feature-in-oracle-linux-64

• Marked as answer by Jerry W GSI Tuesday, October 06, 2015 6:23 PM
    Tuesday, October 06, 2015 6:23 PM