none
bluetooth keyboard HCK testing question about targets and about "DF reinstall with IO before and after" RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all hi,

please, if possible, assist me on the problems I am facing while testing a bluetooth keyboard with HCK.

1. when selecting my device (e.g. my_kbd) from the 'devices and printers', the generated 'selected targets' are more that one. 'my_kbd' appears as selected target as do 'HID Keyboard device' etc. Which is the target I should actually select? Especially for these two targets (my_kbd/HID_Keyboard_device) most of the tests are the same. What is the difference between these targets?

2. When running test 'DF-Reinstall with IO before and after (certification)' for target 'my_kbd', it constantly fails during 'run_test' with error:

WDTF_SIMPLE_IO : - Open(Bluetooth Low Energy GATT compliant HID device BTHLEDEVICE\{00001812-0000-1000-8000-00805F9B34FB}_DEV_VID&0100D2_PID&0580_REV&0100_121212131313\9&2154B035&0&001F ) Failed : Device is reporting a problem code (Status Flags=0x1802400 (DN_HAS_PROBLEM DN_DISABLEABLE DN_NT_ENUMERATOR DN_NT_DRIVER) Problem Code=a (CM_PROB_FAILED_START)) HRESULT=0x80004005

and error

WDTF_SIMPLE_IO : Device Status: Status Flags=0x1802400 (DN_HAS_PROBLEM DN_DISABLEABLE DN_NT_ENUMERATOR DN_NT_DRIVER) Problem Code=a (CM_PROB_FAILED_START)

However, when running the exact same test with 'HID Keyboard device' as target, test passes.

3. First time I ran 'Wdf-kmdf fault injection test' for target (my_kbd) it failed no matter how many times I tried it. Next day, without any change in HW or software, opened a new project, ran the test and it passed. How can I avoid this kind of inconsistencies and make sure that my test is setup correctly?

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

thank you in advance,

Thanos

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 7:44 AM