none
VS2017 CE - reverting to an older version (the poor man's solution)

Question

• I am using VS2017 CE with Git version control on Windows 7.

A few days ago VS got updated to 1.9.30405.1.

Since then there have been issues with authentication (personal access token) in both the Git plug in as well as Git in the command line. I don't have the resources to investigate nor can I get anyone at Microsoft to be interested in solving my problem beyond basic troubleshooting steps (which has already been done and did not resolve my problem).

I have a tester sitting idle because we cannot update the remote repo.

Only option left for me at this point is to revert to the earlier version of VS2017 where things worked.

How can this be done?

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 1:04 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

You could click help->About Microsoft Visual Studio to see the version of visual studio, this is the latest version of vs2017:

and it is impossible to revert to older version, because updating is to fix some bug in earlier version.

Where is your remote report, github, TFS or VSTS? Please change another way with authentication and provide the detailed error message or screenshots about your issue.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 13, 2017 8:27 AM