The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I have a job and I use a proxy account while running an ssis package. And I got an error massage like below for a few days

"Unable to start execution of step 26 (reason: Error authenticating proxy Domain\Ali, system error: The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship.).  The step failed."

Proxy user is working with "Domain\Ali" user. And this is occurring momentary. And it might happen any time not at the same time.  If job failed, I attempt to run it again and it works in second or third attempts. Is there anyone who met this issue before?

• Edited by Ali Yesilli Thursday, June 13, 2013 12:57 PM
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 12:56 PM

Answers

• I have never had a problem of this sort but I think you should find useful information here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee849847(v=ws.10).aspx.

I think you are trying to authenticate using Kerberos and SPN is not configured correctly for you server.

Regards, Dean Savović

• Marked as answer by Ali Yesilli Monday, June 17, 2013 7:44 AM
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 4:50 PM
  • The computer from where you are running the SSIS package is not able to communicate to the AD server properly. When the SSIS package tries to validate the proxy account, it's not able to communicate to the AD server and hence it throws the error.

Are you using a local account or domain account in proxy?

Mark as ANSWER if I helped you today :-) www.sql-articles.com

Friday, June 14, 2013 9:21 AM

All replies

• I have never had a problem of this sort but I think you should find useful information here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee849847(v=ws.10).aspx.

I think you are trying to authenticate using Kerberos and SPN is not configured correctly for you server.

Regards, Dean Savović

Thursday, June 13, 2013 4:50 PM
  • The computer from where you are running the SSIS package is not able to communicate to the AD server properly. When the SSIS package tries to validate the proxy account, it's not able to communicate to the AD server and hence it throws the error.

Are you using a local account or domain account in proxy?

Mark as ANSWER if I helped you today :-) www.sql-articles.com

Friday, June 14, 2013 9:21 AM
  • @VidhyaSagar

I am using a domain account in proxy.

BTW, thank you for help both of you Dean and Vidhya

Friday, June 14, 2013 2:12 PM
  • Has this issue been resolved? I am experiencing the same issue.  

Unable to start execution of step 2 (reason: Error authenticating proxy DOMAIN\PROXY ACCOUNT, system error: The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship.).  The step failed.

Issue is intermittent. Job runs successfully at times.

Monday, May 8, 2017 2:52 PM