Azure Stream analytics error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have been working with stream analytics since 4 months and the major problem which I have been facing is I am not to debug the errors occurring when stream analytics job fail. Right now the error which I got while running it is: 

Stream Analytics job status changed for last user action [Start job 'iot01summary'] 

This stream analytics was working smoothly previously but as per my requirement I edited my query and then again started it and then I got above mentioned error. The query is:

--Ouery for hour 
    WITH [data] AS

SELECT 
            cast(BoardId as NVARCHAR(MAX)) as 'DeviceId', 
    cast(SensorId as NVARCHAR(MAX)) as 'SensorId',
    cast(SensorType as NVARCHAR(MAX)) as 'SensorType',
    System.timestamp as 'Datetime',
    AVG(cast(SensorValue as Float)) as 'Average',
    MAX(cast(SensorValue as Float)) as 'Maximum',
    MIN(cast(SensorValue as Float)) as 'Minimum',
    COUNT(*) as 'Sum',
    SensorDataType,
    Substring(System.TIMESTAMP,0,9) as 'date1',
    Substring(System.TIMESTAMP,11,11) as 'time1'
    FROM
    iot01input 
    GROUP BY 
    SensorId,BoardId,SensorType,SensorDataType, TumblingWindow(Hour,1)
    )

SELECT
    INTO
    iot01sqlhour
    FROM
    [data]

-- Query for day
    SELECT 
    cast(BoardId as NVARCHAR(MAX)) as 'DeviceId', 
    cast(SensorId as NVARCHAR(MAX)) as 'SensorId',
    cast(SensorType as NVARCHAR(MAX)) as 'SensorType',
    System.timestamp as 'Datetime',
    AVG(cast(SensorValue as Float)) as 'Average',
    MAX(cast(SensorValue as Float)) as 'Maximum',
    MIN(cast(SensorValue as Float)) as 'Minimum'
    INTO 
    iot01sqlday
    FROM
    iot01input 
    GROUP BY 
    SensorId,BoardId,SensorType, TumblingWindow(Day,1)
     Please help me reagarding this issue.

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 8:51 AM

Answers

• Hi there, there are some status messages that are logged for each streaming job. unless the messages are of "Error" type, you may ignore those messages. For example, a job may be restarted automatically by runtime if it detects an issue with the job or if there is underlying OS/Azure updates being pushed.

In this case, it is not clear to me if your job *stopped* producing output after this event or if you are curious to understand what this log event is and if you need to act on it or not. please clarify.

Thanks

Venkat Chilakala

Wednesday, December 2, 2015 8:40 PM

All replies

• Did you check the Test functionality from Query Tab to give a sample set of data and your query output?

Also it's worth to check the operation log from dashboard page.

Thanks Subhendu DE - DotNet Artisan If a post answers your question, please click Mark As Answer on that post. If you find a post helpful, please click Vote as Helpful

Sunday, November 22, 2015 3:29 PM
  • Hi there, there are some status messages that are logged for each streaming job. unless the messages are of "Error" type, you may ignore those messages. For example, a job may be restarted automatically by runtime if it detects an issue with the job or if there is underlying OS/Azure updates being pushed.

In this case, it is not clear to me if your job *stopped* producing output after this event or if you are curious to understand what this log event is and if you need to act on it or not. please clarify.

Thanks

Venkat Chilakala

Wednesday, December 2, 2015 8:40 PM