Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.CacheLibCabSignatureException throws when I install a .cab with different sign file RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have question about help viewer 1.0 which integrated with VS Shell 2010. I have a mainly .cab with signed by mainly .pfx file. and register into help viewer by Help Manager .exe.   

And then i have the other .cab signed by different .pfx file,  and register this file by vender name and version which same with mainly .cab and different book name.

for example

Mainly .cab's msha file

<body class="vendor-book">
      <div class="details">
        <span class="vendor">KKK</span>
        <span class="locale">en-us</span>
        <span class="product">XXX</span>
        <span class="name">Mainly Book</span>
      </div>

Other .cab's msha file.

<body class="vendor-book">
      <div class="details">
        <span class="vendor">KKK</span>
        <span class="locale">en-us</span>
        <span class="product">XXX</span>
        <span class="name">Other Book</span>
      </div>

Sometimes, there is follow error throws when I install  the other .cab 

An error occurred while updating local content: Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.CacheLibCabSignatureException: The digital signature on file C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\HelpLibrary\content\XXX\incoming\b71c5f2e-9330-46c1-928a-bdbfc561a20c\Communication.cab could not be verified. 
       at Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.DocumentationCache.<>c__DisplayClass5c.<VerifyAndExtractPackages>b__58(String cabFile)
       at Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.Extensions.Each[T](IEnumerable`1 that, Action`1 lambda)
       at Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.DocumentationCache.VerifyAndExtractPackages(VendorName vendorName, ChangeDescription change, StatusCallback`1 statusCallback, CertificateCheckCallback certCheckCallback)
       at Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.DocumentationCache.IntegrateChange(VendorName vendorName, ChangeDescription change, StatusCallback`1 statusCallback, CertificateCheckCallback certCheckCallback)
       at Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.DocumentationCache.Update(VendorName vendorName, Boolean checkForOnlineUpdates, StatusCallback`1 statusCallback, CertificateCheckCallback certCheckCallback)
       at Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.CacheManager.<>c__DisplayClass24.<UpdateAsync>b__23()
       at Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.AsyncOperationRunner.Run(Object state)

My question is that this behaviour is right?  different signed .cab cannot register into the same product?

• Edited by Anthony Zhu Tuesday, October 15, 2013 1:26 AM
    Tuesday, October 15, 2013 1:14 AM

Answers

• Hi Anthony,

>>My question is that this behaviour is right?  different signed .cab cannot register into the same product?

Based on my knowledage, this behavior is by design.

Please try to modify the content of the second .msha file such as the 'div class' and then check if you could install it successfully.Please refer to the sample HelpContentSetup.msha file in the blog Installing Content From Downloaded Help Viewer 2.0 cabs .

In addition,you could run Help Library Manager by using the command line.And the argument /sourceMedia specifies the content installation file helpcontentsetup.msha. If the specified file is not found or is invalid, the /sourceWeb argument is used.For more information, please refer to Help Library Manager Administrator's Guide .

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Jane.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 5:18 AM