none
BC30456 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All!

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm having problem with my Projects. I have done some changes in my Database that was made in Access and i updated the Database then updated the changes in Project. Now, my Form is not opening and giving this error message "Failed to parse method 'InitializeComponent'. The parser reported the following error 'Invalid symbol kind: Namespace'. Please look in the Task List for potential errors." 

Also there is another error that Table Adapter Manager is not Member of My Project. 

Me.TableAdapterManager.UpdateOrder = Students_Manager.SectionTDDataSetTableAdapters.TableAdapterManager.UpdateOrderOption.InsertUpdateDelete

And other TableAdapterManagers also giving error. BC30002

Me.ApplicationsTableAdapter = New Students_Manager.SectionTDDataSetTableAdapters.ApplicationsTableAdapter()
            Me.TableAdapterManager = New Students_Manager.SectionTDDataSetTableAdapters.TableAdapterManager()
            Me.StudentsTableAdapter = New Students_Manager.SectionTDDataSetTableAdapters.StudentsTableAdapter()
            Me.ClassesTableAdapter = New Students_Manager.SectionTDDataSetTableAdapters.ClassesTableAdapter()
            Me.AccountsTableAdapter = New Students_Manager.SectionTDDataSetTableAdapters.AccountsTableAdapter()
            Me.ForwardQTableAdapter = New Students_Manager.SectionTDDataSetTableAdapters.ForwardQTableAdapter()
            Me.InHandTDTableAdapter = New Students_Manager.SectionTDDataSetTableAdapters.InHandTDTableAdapter()
            Me.AppViewTableAdapter = New Students_Manager.SectionTDDataSetTableAdapters.AppViewTableAdapter()
            Me.SubAppsTableAdapter = New Students_Manager.SectionTDDataSetTableAdapters.SubAppsTableAdapter()
            Me.BatchAppsTableAdapter = New Students_Manager.SectionTDDataSetTableAdapters.BatchAppsTableAdapter()
            Me.ApplicationInfoTableAdapter = New Students_Manager.SectionTDDataSetTableAdapters.ApplicationInfoTableAdapter()

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error BC30456 'TableAdapterManager' is not a member of 'Students_Manager.Students_Manager.SectionTDDataSetTableAdapters'. Students Manager C:\Users\MARKHOR Games\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\Students Manager\Students Manager\TDMS.Designer.vb 2306 Active

Please Help!

Wednesday, October 2, 2019 5:53 PM

Answers

• Let's say I have the following table

I decided to rename FormalName column to Countryname. Open the table in MS-Access, change the name, save and close.

In Visual Studio, right click on the dataset name and reconfigure, we get

Select Countryname and end up with

The next part is important, where FormalName has been used in a form control needs the data binding changed form Formalname to Countryname else errors will happen.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

• Marked as answer by AHM3DRAXA Wednesday, October 2, 2019 9:33 PM
    Wednesday, October 2, 2019 8:23 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Did you allow the data wizard to reconfigure the data classes after making changes to the database along with updating data bindings on any form which was affected by the changes made to the database? Or did you update in Visual Studio another way (which might be the cause of this issue).

Worst case is you need to open the TDMS.Designer.vb file and attempt to figure out the issue which can be a daunting task.

This is when having a backup of the database and project is useful.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

StackOverFlow

Wednesday, October 2, 2019 7:51 PM
  • Hello,

Did you allow the data wizard to reconfigure the data classes after making changes to the database along with updating data bindings on any form which was affected by the changes made to the database? Or did you update in Visual Studio another way (which might be the cause of this issue).

Worst case is you need to open the TDMS.Designer.vb file and attempt to figure out the issue which can be a daunting task.

I've made changing like i've changed a backed up database and then pasted and overwrote the new database and then i updated the table configuration from choosing data table properties in DB Connection. 

Perhaps, I'm feeling lucky to have copy of Project Backed up. 

Wednesday, October 2, 2019 8:05 PM
  • Hello,

I've made changing like i've changed a backed up database and then pasted and overwrote the new database and then i updated the table configuration from choosing data table properties in DB Connection. 

Perhaps, I'm feeling lucky to have copy of Project Backed up. 

That is the wrong way to do this. You should have updated the current database then gone into the designer and reconfigured the database classes there.

StackOverFlow

Wednesday, October 2, 2019 8:14 PM
  • Let's say I have the following table

I decided to rename FormalName column to Countryname. Open the table in MS-Access, change the name, save and close.

In Visual Studio, right click on the dataset name and reconfigure, we get

Select Countryname and end up with

The next part is important, where FormalName has been used in a form control needs the data binding changed form Formalname to Countryname else errors will happen.

StackOverFlow

• Marked as answer by AHM3DRAXA Wednesday, October 2, 2019 9:33 PM
    Wednesday, October 2, 2019 8:23 PM
  • Thank You So Much! But I reworked on my saved Project and got results i wanted that!
    Wednesday, October 2, 2019 9:34 PM