none
Trust Level Medium is not working RRS feed

• Question

• I am using trust level "Medium" in my web and webservice and getting the below error message,

Unable to generate permission set; input XML may be malformed.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Unable to generate permission set; input XML may be malformed.

If the trust level is "Full" then the application will work as desired.

Details:-
    Current application is a migrated one from .NET 1.1 to 2.0 and also using web references in UI layer and  also the trust level is set to 'Medium' for both web and webservice.  

The 1.1 application had "Medium" trust level and that was working perfectly.

After conversion getting this issue.

can anyone help?
    • Edited by Milan M Saturday, July 26, 2008 1:07 AM none
    Thursday, July 24, 2008 1:27 AM

All replies

• I am confused, is this an application or a web service that is having the problem? When you migrated the web service code, did you also change what .net version that IIS should function under?

aspnet_regiisTo determine which version of .net asp.net is using, check via aspnet_regiis in the Framework version directory such as:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727>aspnet_regiis -lv
    1.1.4322.0 Valid C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_isapi.dll
    2.0.50727.0 Valid (Root) C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll

It will show one which versions of .net are on the machine. But more importantly which version of .Net Asp.net is using by specifiing a Root moniker. To switch versions go to the appropraties version, 1.1 or 2.0, framework folder and type in this to install/set the version for asp.net:

aspnet_regiis -i.

William Wegerson (www.OmegaCoder.Com)
    Tuesday, August 5, 2008 12:34 AM
  • I am using a WebService and a web application. The webservice is a medium trust one and which is called from the web application (Medium Trust level).
    The application works perfectly if I use the Web Service as a Full Trust one.

However I need both Web Application and Web Service with Trust level 'Medium'

Framework 2.0 is used to run the web & Web Service.
    • Edited by Milan M Monday, September 15, 2008 5:58 PM .
    Friday, August 15, 2008 4:17 PM