Fill the columns horizontally instead of vertically RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I made made a report with 2 columns but I want to fill them horizontally and I can't find how to do it. They are always filled vertically (I do that for some labels) but when the columns are filled vertically the right column is lost. For example if I print 10 labels ad they are filled  vertically I also lose the 10 labels on the right because I use 10 labels instead of 5.

Can you please tell me how to do it?

Thank you

Marc

Thursday, August 12, 2010 9:04 AM

Answers

• Hi Marc,

I think that you can work around this issue by dragging two lists horizontally. They bind to the same dataset, but you use Expression to filter which row should be displayed in the left list and which row should be displayed in the right list. You may add an additional column with row number value in your dataset. For each field in the left list, you can set its visibility like: = IIF(Fields!RowNumber%2==1, True, False); while for the field in the right list, you can set its visibility like: = IIF(Fields!RowNumber%2==0, True, False).

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Tuesday, August 17, 2010 1:16 PM

All replies

• Hi Marc,
    I am not sure of your meaning. For further research, could you please elaborate it with some screenshots in a word document? You can send the file to me via email. The email address is sqltnsp@online.microsoft.com (removing "online."). You may send the email according to the following introduction:
    Email Subject: <To Charles> thread title
    Email Body: Thread Link and your description
    Attachment: Total file size should be less than 2MB

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Monday, August 16, 2010 5:36 AM
  • Hello,

I have just sent you a mail with a word document with print screens and red arrows to show the order I need for the labels

So what I what I want to have  The first one is the top left. The second one is the second left, the third one is the third on the left…

what I have : The 1st is the top left. The second one is the 2nd on the left. The 3rd one is the third on the left....The 9th is the first on the second column

Marc

• Edited by Marc_Allard Monday, August 16, 2010 7:28 AM A lot on information unreadable from Word removed
    Monday, August 16, 2010 6:49 AM
  • Hi Marc,

I think that you can work around this issue by dragging two lists horizontally. They bind to the same dataset, but you use Expression to filter which row should be displayed in the left list and which row should be displayed in the right list. You may add an additional column with row number value in your dataset. For each field in the left list, you can set its visibility like: = IIF(Fields!RowNumber%2==1, True, False); while for the field in the right list, you can set its visibility like: = IIF(Fields!RowNumber%2==0, True, False).

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 1:16 PM
  • Hello,

Thank you for your help. I will make a test as soon as possible and tell you how it works. The label is created dynamically by thecustomer so I will try to figure something.

Marc

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 12:14 PM