Best practices for clean reinstall Visual Studio 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• User1972350426 posted

I'm currently running Visual Studio 2013 Express for Web, release 3, on a Windows 7 machine.

I've run into a few problems that I can't get around, so I'm opting for a reinstall.

When I go to control panel, uninstall or change program, I see that more than just Visual Studio was installed when i installed Visual Studio. The list of items is so long I have to scroll down, twice, to see items that were installed along with the program, although I only ran the installer.

No problem, but I'm wondering what is the best practice for doing a completely new and clean install, with no settings or files being reused (aside from my project files, which I have backed up in a separate folder). Do I need to go through each of these programs and uninstall, one by one? What else needs to be done?

Thank you for your attention.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 9:28 PM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi agservice,

Here are some good practice to uninstall Visual Studio 2012, it will be good reference to uninstall Visual Studio 2013.

1. Open Programs and Features in the control panel (formerly known as Add or Remove Programs, or “ARP”). Alternatively, you can open it as follows.
      1. Click Run on the Start menu (Start + R).
      2. Type control appwiz.cpl and press OK (Enter).
    2. Uninstall all the main product(s) from the following list that are installed. Hint In Control Panel, you can search for Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 to filter the list of products accordingly.
    3. Click View installed updates. Uninstall any update that is listed under the category Visual Studio

Further information:

How to uninstall Visual Studio 2012: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2771441/en-us 

Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.

Best regards

Angie

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, August 25, 2014 11:11 PM