none
Cannot install Visual Studio Community 2015

Question

• I'm trying to install Visual Studio Community 2015 on a newly formatted Windows 10 pc. From the web installer I get the following errors:
    Setup Engine : The system cannot find the file specified.
    Microsoft Visual Studio Preparation : The system cannot find the file specified.
    Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise 2015 : The system cannot find the file specified.
    Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Pre-Clean Tool : The system cannot find the file specified.
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86) - 12.0.21005 : The system cannot find the file specified.
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64) - 12.0.21005 : The system cannot find the file specified.
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x86) - 11.0.60610 : The system cannot find the file specified.
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x64) - 11.0.60610 : The system cannot find the file specified.
    Microsoft Visual Studio Services Hub : The system cannot find the file specified.

I also tried the ISO installer but it doesn't even start.
    Before formatting it was working fine on the same pc.
    Friday, March 25, 2016 1:14 PM

Answers

• I just got it to work. What I did:
    1. Disabled antivirus/windows defender.
    2. Cleared %TEMP% folder.
    3. Extracted the iso instead of mounting it, and then ran the exe.
    Friday, March 25, 2016 1:21 PM

All replies

• I just got it to work. What I did:
    1. Disabled antivirus/windows defender.
    2. Cleared %TEMP% folder.
    3. Extracted the iso instead of mounting it, and then ran the exe.
    Friday, March 25, 2016 1:21 PM
  • Hi panosmz,

Glad to know that you have resolved this issue, thanks for sharing your solution here.

Since it has been resolved, if possible, please mark your reply as the answer, so it would be helpful for other members who get the same issue as yours to research and find the answer directly, and I could close this case.

Have a nice day,

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, March 28, 2016 1:49 AM