Popup getting opened twice

Question

• Hi,

In Windows Store app I have a gridview, on row selection i'm opening a popup. on selection of each row it is working fine.

If I navigate from current page to other page & again coming back and on selection of row. Popup is getting opened twice.

I'm not able to resolve this issue.

Can anyone help me in resolving this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Thejesh.

Thursday, March 12, 2015 12:26 PM

All replies

• It's not possible to diagnose this problem without a project to reproduce it.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Thursday, March 12, 2015 7:21 PM
  • You need to provide some code and/or explain exactly what you are doing otherwise nobody will be able to provide a solution.

From the behaviour my guess would be that you're registering an event handler to detect input, but are not removing that handler when navigating off the page. Then when returning to the page a second handler is created, meaning your handler is fired twice.

But without seeing any code that could be completely wrong.

I'm a self-taught noob amateur. Please take this into account when responding to my posts or when taking advice from me.

Friday, March 13, 2015 6:20 AM