TabControl Silverlight 2 Beta 2 - Styles within the content RRS feed

• Question

• So I am using the new tabcontrol, and have a bunch on content within the first tab (textblocks mostly). These textblocks have styles set on them, which are defined at the page level resources. The tabcontrol does not seem to render the styles. I also tried a simple example with just one textblock, and it doesnt work (I tried different controls, but none of them render with styles). Has anyone seen this happen...is this a bug? If so, it really hinders our app cause well have to write our own tab control.

Thanks for any info!

Tejash

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 10:07 AM

Answers

• Thanks very much for both of your valuable feedback. We've opened two bugs to track both issues.

Thursday, June 12, 2008 10:48 PM

All replies

• You're not alone.  I'm not even using custom styles, and I'm seeing items put in a tab content rendering completely different than they should. For instance I have several DataGrids in my tabs... The header rows on all of them are drastically smaller than they should be. Text blocks are being rendered in a much smaller font-size than they should, etc...

It looks to me like some styling from the Tab control is "leaking/dripping" down to the tab content. This is obviously not good, and should be fixed.

There seems to be a lot of such bugs in Beta 2. I really, really hope that MS decides to release a patch to fix these as soon as possible and doesn't wait for the RC, especially now that we have a Go-Live license. 

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 1:34 PM
  • Thanks very much for both of your valuable feedback. We've opened two bugs to track both issues.

Thursday, June 12, 2008 10:48 PM
  • This bug affects my project as well.  I just got through swaping out most my custom tab controls for the new beta 2 control... Angry

Monday, June 23, 2008 5:13 PM
  • Any update on a patch to fix the tab control styling?

Sunday, August 24, 2008 8:07 PM
  • Glad to hear that!  Hopefully it will be resolved in the next release.

Sunday, August 24, 2008 8:30 PM