none
Malformed xml returned when explorering the collection list after upgrading to Windows server 2012 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Our WCF data service(5.0.0.50403) works well on the Windows Server 2008 R2 for monthes, but perform abnormally (visit collection list page by http://hostname/abc.svc returns malformed xml) after today we upgraded our machines to Windows Server 2012 with IIS 8.0.

    The response snippt as follow:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><service xml:base="http://ch1sch060082343/AudienceDataService.svc/" xmlns="http://www.w3.o<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><service xml:base="http://servicehost/abc.svc/" xmlns="http://www.w3.o>

    As you can see, the blod content is malformed.

    Does anybody have the same problem? How should we fix it?

    Thanks,

    Shaojian He

    Tuesday, October 23, 2012 8:35 AM

Answers

All replies

  • Hi, Anybody could take a look at this? thanks.
    Wednesday, October 24, 2012 6:57 AM
  • Hi shaojianhe,

    Welcome to MSDN Forum.

    I will involve other workmates to research on this issue. It may need some time, thanks for your understanding.

    Best Regards


    Allen Li [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

    Thursday, October 25, 2012 2:53 AM
    Moderator
  • Any update?
    Tuesday, November 20, 2012 6:23 AM
  • Too:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><entry xml:base="https://localhost:44300/enterprise/Services/WcfDataService.svc/" xmlns="hm/ado/2007/08/dataservices/metadata">

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><entry xml:base="https://localhost:44300/enterprise/Services/WcfDataService.svc/" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xmlns:d="http://schemas.microsoft.com/ado/2007/08/dataservices" xmlns:m="http://schemas.microsoft.com/ado/2007/08/dataservices/metadata">

    How to fix that?

    Thursday, November 22, 2012 4:04 AM
  • We are currently investigating this. We will reply when we have more information. If anyone has a simple definitive repro please let us know.

    Thanks,

    Chris Robinson - WCF Data Services Team


    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

    Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:32 PM
    Moderator
  • After much debugging collectively we determined there was a WCF bug that was causing this issue. Shaojian found a connect issue here:

    http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/764921/wcf-if-logmessagesattransportlevel-is-enabled-and-return-value-is-stream-response-message-will-be-corrupted

    The workaround for us is to disable “logMessagesAtTransportLevel” in the web.config.

    Thanks,

    Chris Robinson - WCF Data Services Team


    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

    Monday, December 3, 2012 5:34 PM
    Moderator