Running multiple instances of clients on single hosted workflow service RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a WCF Workflow service to do some operations and has SQL Persistence. I have hosted the service in IIS and its accessible now.

I'm trying to run two client applications at the same time using the reference of the service. When the first client runs, the workflow does the initial steps and will insert a record in the SQL DB. Then it waits for client's input to execute the rest.

At this time I'm trying to run the second client and its says "Operation '[OPERATIONNAME] ' on service instance with identifier '[SOME ID] ' cannot be performed at this time. Please ensure that the operations are performed in the correct order and that the binding in use provides ordered delivery guarantees."

Am I missing something here?

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 8:57 PM

Answers

• I'm trying to run two client applications at the same time using the reference of the service. When the first client runs, the workflow does the initial steps and will insert a record in the SQL DB. Then it waits for client's input to execute the rest.

Hi KasunK,

It seems that this issue is related to correlation for your workflow application, it's recommended to look into the correlation rules, and check whether it helps.

Regards,

Angie 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by KasunK Friday, March 4, 2016 8:58 PM
    Wednesday, March 2, 2016 7:44 AM

All replies

• I'm trying to run two client applications at the same time using the reference of the service. When the first client runs, the workflow does the initial steps and will insert a record in the SQL DB. Then it waits for client's input to execute the rest.

Hi KasunK,

It seems that this issue is related to correlation for your workflow application, it's recommended to look into the correlation rules, and check whether it helps.

Regards,

Angie 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

• Marked as answer by KasunK Friday, March 4, 2016 8:58 PM
    Wednesday, March 2, 2016 7:44 AM
  • Hi Angie,

Thank you for the reply.  Yes It was an issue with the Correlation. I have identified it and fixed it.  I have created new ones and everything is working fine now. Thanks.

I'm marking your answer as correct. 

Regards,

Kasun

Friday, March 4, 2016 8:58 PM
  • HI Kasun,

Thanks for kind feedback. :)

Best regards,

Angie

• Edited by Angie Xu Monday, March 7, 2016 8:23 AM
    Monday, March 7, 2016 8:23 AM
  • Hi Angie, I ran in to another issue. I have created a Workflow Server and Hosted it in IIS. I have a sample site which has a service reference and call the workflow service by creating the service object. Everything works fine.

But in case an exception occurred in the workflow,  it will suspend the workflow. I can see it in the SQL Persistence store DB.

But how can i resume this workflow from the client site?

Friday, March 11, 2016 7:58 PM