MultiLookup function RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using the multilook up function as follows but getting null

=Join(MultiLookup(Split(Fields!DATA_GROUP_NUMBER.Value,","),Fields!Data_Group_Number.Value,Fields!emp_popul_ct.Value, "ds_Eligibility"),", ")

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 4:11 PM

Answers

• Hi  S HAIDER

Based on your expression:  =Join(MultiLookup(Split(Fields!DATA_GROUP_NUMBER.Value,","),Fields!Data_Group_Number.Value,Fields!emp_popul_ct.Value, "ds_Eligibility"),", ")

You could check whether the DATA_GROUP_NUMBER's value is same as Data_Group_Number(pay attention to case sensitivity) and check below conditions:

Firstly make sure that Fields!DATA_GROUP_NUMBER.Value is an Array type.(could be split)

Secondly ,make sure Fields!DATA_GROUP_NUMBER.Value Array contains Fields!Data_Group_Number.Value value

Third ,make sure  Fields!Data_Group_Number.Value and Fields!emp_popul_ct.Value have relationship.(1-1 or 1-N)

You can see more at Report Builder Functions - Multilookup Function

If it still don’t work , please give some sample data (detailed datasets and expecting output)

Hope it can help you.

Best Regards,

Eric Liu

Best Regards, Eric Liu MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by S HAIDER Friday, March 30, 2018 5:31 PM
    Thursday, March 29, 2018 4:46 AM

All replies

• DOes your datasets have matching values? What about case of the values? Give some sample data from your two datasets

Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue
    Please Vote This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue
    Visakh
    ----------------------------
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 4:23 PM
  • Hi  S HAIDER

Based on your expression:  =Join(MultiLookup(Split(Fields!DATA_GROUP_NUMBER.Value,","),Fields!Data_Group_Number.Value,Fields!emp_popul_ct.Value, "ds_Eligibility"),", ")

You could check whether the DATA_GROUP_NUMBER's value is same as Data_Group_Number(pay attention to case sensitivity) and check below conditions:

Firstly make sure that Fields!DATA_GROUP_NUMBER.Value is an Array type.(could be split)

Secondly ,make sure Fields!DATA_GROUP_NUMBER.Value Array contains Fields!Data_Group_Number.Value value

Third ,make sure  Fields!Data_Group_Number.Value and Fields!emp_popul_ct.Value have relationship.(1-1 or 1-N)

You can see more at Report Builder Functions - Multilookup Function

If it still don’t work , please give some sample data (detailed datasets and expecting output)

Hope it can help you.

Best Regards,

Eric Liu

Best Regards, Eric Liu MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by S HAIDER Friday, March 30, 2018 5:31 PM
    Thursday, March 29, 2018 4:46 AM