none
Copy then Paste but Paste option is grayed out RRS feed

• Question

• This has been happening to me a lot lately. I copy a control and try to paste it to another section in the same form or another form but when I attempt the paste, the option is grayed out. I'm using the right-click menus to do this. Anyone got any ideas on what causes this? I don't ever remember this happening in previous versions of Access. I'm currently using Access 2010.

Here's what I see, when I right-click at the destination point.

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 8:54 PM

All replies

• I have never seen that happen in any version of Access A97, A2003, A2007, A2013, A2016. I should state that I only use 32 bit in case others have seen it in 64 bit. I don't think this is normal behavior but since I can not reproduce the issue then it leans either towards your install or environment. However I have not tested in versions that were built in 1 version then tested in another.

Sorry I don't have any way to corroborate your findings.

Just takes a click to give thanks for a helpful post or answer.
    Please vote “Helpful” or Mark as “Answer” as appropriate.
    Chris Ward
    Microsoft Community Contributor 2012

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 9:52 PM
  • Hi,

Did you copy and paste the control in the design view?

Could you reproduce that issue in other machine?

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, October 8, 2015 8:34 AM
  • does the copy / paste work using the ribbon?...... rather than the right click method?
    Thursday, October 8, 2015 1:34 PM