none
Amending NewForm.aspx layout at source RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'd like to know where I can access the source file used to determine the NewForm.aspx page layout. I'd like to edit the layout at source so that the changes which I make are applied across all sites. All I want to do is too move the contents of my content types description, from the base of the input type selected and place the description/instruction under the columns name instead.

So, this...

Name (displayed in bold by default)    Input Type (line(s) of text, choice, Lookup, Calculated, etc)

Input

Input

Description

Appears as this...

Name (displayed in bold by default)    Input Type (line(s) of text, choice, Lookup, Calculated, etc)

Description                                      Input

Input

I've looked at the ~\12\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS new.aspx and fromEdt.aspx files, but I'm just after confirmation on whether I'm looking in the right place? I'd then like to apply the same formatting to EditForm.aspx and include the description when viewing the item in DispForm.aspx

Other formating that I'd like to apply is setting the width of the textarea to 100% of the space available, rather than a fixed amount and being able to define paging/page breaks similiar to that when creating survey lists.

Using WSSv3, SPD2007, VS2005

Any help will be great, thanks!

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 1:41 PM

Answers