none
Managing Hyper-Z by command line.... How? RRS feed

Answers

• The only way to do command line management is to write some VB scripts to talk to our WMI interface.

Cheers,

Ben

Thursday, January 17, 2008 5:52 PM

All replies

• A couple of things JustTom, The Role is Hyper-V and not Hyper-Z  and in the future if you post your questions regarding Hyper-V on the TechNet Hyper-V Forums rather than this MSDN (Developer Forum) you will get a few more answers.

Onto your question, NO is the answer at this stage. Take a look at Ben's post it isn't available yet but down the road it will be.

6. At this stage everything is up and running - but you have no user interface to manage things with.  What you need to do is to go to a full installation of Windows Server 2008 with Hyper-V and use the management UI from there.  You can select the 'Microsoft Hyper-V Servers' node under MMC and choose to 'Connect to Server...' in order to control the system remotely.

Before you start screaming at me - we will be providing a version of our management user interface that can be run on Vista computers / non-Hyper-V servers to allow for remote management of Hyper-V Core Server installations.  It is just not available today.

Cheers,

Stephen Edgar

Thursday, January 17, 2008 4:58 PM
  • The only way to do command line management is to write some VB scripts to talk to our WMI interface.

Cheers,

Ben

Thursday, January 17, 2008 5:52 PM
  • Hm, that is a totlaly retro and outdated approach - I dont like that.

THis is not the vb time, longhorn is powershell Wink So, at least i will have to write powershell commands.

That said, I rather wished there would be a command API that is .NET based in addition - much like there is a ".net/powershell" native way to control IIS in IIS 7 with a library that encapsules that.

Naturally on top of WMI Wink

Friday, January 18, 2008 6:48 AM