Error 0x800c001c

Question

• Hi, I'm new to programming and currently building a winstore apps using HTML5/JS.

However, I got an error when I add this

<script type="text/javascript" src="lib/jquery-1.10.2.min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="lib/jquery-1.10.2.js"></script>

into the default.html head tag (or body tag)

This is the error:

Unhandled exception at line 3480, column 3 in ms-appx://cfc6264e-a4a8-4932-a7bf-7e4cf8f0e857/lib/jquery-1.10.2.js

0x800c001c - JavaScript runtime error: Unable to add dynamic content. A script attempted to inject dynamic content, or elements previously modified dynamically, that might be unsafe. For example, using the innerHTML property to add script or malformed HTML will generate this exception. Use the toStaticHTML method to filter dynamic content, or explicitly create elements and attributes with a method such as createElement.  For more information, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=247104.

What should I do? I haven't write any code using JQuery yet, but it's already giving this error. And using website address as the JQuery source also lead to the same error.

Friday, January 17, 2014 8:15 AM

Answers

• You might want to try the JQuery that comes from NuGet - when I added JQuery via the NuGet package, it gives me v 2.0.3.

Right-click references, click "Manage NuGet Pacakges", search for JQuery, Install.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

• Marked as answer by Gretchelin Saturday, January 18, 2014 2:54 AM
    Friday, January 17, 2014 8:36 PM