How to sync parent & child data per page? RRS feed

• Question

• User-240513752 posted

I am migrating crystal reports to ssrs

In crystal reports:there are two Details section i.e. details section A and details section B. section a contains parent data in tabular form hooked with a dataset and in section b there is a subreport containing corresponding child data hooked with diffrent dataset. but both dataset have parent child relation.

In SSRS: we have similar structure in this report parent dataset hooked with parent dataset and sub-report hooked with child dataset and this works perfectly well when there is only one parent and its coressponding child data

but the problem is that we have to create batch reports and dataset have multiple parent and corresponding child data. unlike rpt ssrs is printing all the parents first then all the child data. we want to sync each parent with its child which can be easily achived in crystal report using sections but we are stuck here.

changing sql to get single parent is not an option.

How to sync parent & child details in 1 page for 1 customerid?

Thursday, November 1, 2012 9:00 AM

Answers

• User559774174 posted

If your are handling this programmatically then I would suggest merge these datasets programmatically,

now in SSRS report editor create a List object create a group on it using parent key.

Within that list, use text box or any suitable control to display parent details and use a tablix to display child data. Grouping on parent key will automatically sync parent details and child details within that list

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, November 1, 2012 10:08 AM

All replies

• User559774174 posted

If your are handling this programmatically then I would suggest merge these datasets programmatically,

now in SSRS report editor create a List object create a group on it using parent key.

Within that list, use text box or any suitable control to display parent details and use a tablix to display child data. Grouping on parent key will automatically sync parent details and child details within that list

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, November 1, 2012 10:08 AM
  • User-80102730 posted

You may contact Crystal Migration Service for a sample conversion to see how this report can be converted to SSRS.

http://www.crsytalmigration.com

Friday, November 2, 2012 2:16 PM
  • User559774174 posted

well the correct url is:

http://www.crystalmigration.com/

but its a paid service and can cost upto 300 $ for full conversion, which can be quite hefty if you have dozens of reports to migrate Yell

Friday, November 2, 2012 2:25 PM