Windows store app with c# memory leak RRS feed

• Question

• In windows store app in my application after changing some views the memory is continuously increased and not release even after calling garbage collector and also all the objects assigned to null also winrt classes are attached and never release memory. 
    Monday, November 25, 2013 11:05 AM

Answers

• Monday, November 25, 2013 6:58 AM
  • It's not possible to diagnose this problem from this post. You should verify that the objects you are creating go out of scope.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, November 25, 2013 1:55 PM

All replies

• In windows store app in my application after changing some views the memory is continuously increased and not release even after calling garbage collector and also all the objects assigned to null. 
    • Merged by Anne Jing Tuesday, November 26, 2013 2:12 AM same topic
    Monday, November 25, 2013 4:25 AM
  • Monday, November 25, 2013 6:58 AM
  • thanks for reply,

i checked out all these and dispose all objects but memory not release. 

Monday, November 25, 2013 11:10 AM
  • It's not possible to diagnose this problem from this post. You should verify that the objects you are creating go out of scope.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, November 25, 2013 1:55 PM
  • Matt, please, take a look here: http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/761770/metro-apps-with-c-heavily-leaking-memory#tabs

It's a common issue, now with VS2013 update 2 you can use memory usage option in profiler. More people will see these issues. I wonder whether someone worked on it or no. It's closed as external so perhaps someone at MS managed to reproduce it. What happened after that?

notacat

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 2:45 AM