how to disable delay signed in c#.net web projects RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting these error as

Build (web): Could not load file or assembly 'PetShop.DBUtility, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a7987b61c51ca872' or one of its dependencies. Strong name signature could not be verified. The assembly may have been tampered with, or it was delay signed but not fully signed with the correct private key. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131045)

So i figure it out that i need to disable the delay signal of that dll which i am using in my project

i am using vsexpress10 c# edition for development

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 9:40 AM

Answers

• Hi Gowtham,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

Please try the sign an assembly way: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms247123(v=vs.100).aspx 

Assembly signing (also called strong-name signing) gives an application or component a unique identity that other software can use to identify and refer explicitly to it. A strong name consists of its simple text name, version number, culture information (if provided), plus a public/private key pair. This information is stored in a key file; this can be a Personal Information Exchange (PFX) file or a certificate from the current user's Windows certificate store. For more information, see Strong-Name Signing for Managed Applications.

This is opposite of delay sign an assembly, so this way should work.

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Mike Feng Thursday, August 9, 2012 2:11 PM
    Wednesday, July 25, 2012 9:45 AM

All replies

• Most dll methods run and then terminate when the functions ends.  If you call a dll and need the object to stay connected you have you return you need to reorganize your project/libary.  A normally dll uses memory from the execution stack and that memory gets destroyed when the function returns.

If you need to call an object/class in a dll multiple times, then you must allocate memory for the object/class  in STATIC  memory space from the calling appcations .  Then everytime you call the dll you must pass a reference to the object/class as a call parameter list.

jdweng

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 4:28 PM
  • Hi Gowtham,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

Please try the sign an assembly way: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms247123(v=vs.100).aspx 

Assembly signing (also called strong-name signing) gives an application or component a unique identity that other software can use to identify and refer explicitly to it. A strong name consists of its simple text name, version number, culture information (if provided), plus a public/private key pair. This information is stored in a key file; this can be a Personal Information Exchange (PFX) file or a certificate from the current user's Windows certificate store. For more information, see Strong-Name Signing for Managed Applications.

This is opposite of delay sign an assembly, so this way should work.

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Mike Feng Thursday, August 9, 2012 2:11 PM
    Wednesday, July 25, 2012 9:45 AM