Report builder function from external network from SharePoint 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We have SharePoint 2013 with SSRS features enabled . I have created new site collection with all the SSRS features enabled , When I try to open the Report Builder report from SharePoint site am getting below error .

This is the error am getting both internal and external network , please let me know how to fix this issue.

Mani L

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 3:46 AM

Answers

• Hi Mani L,

According to your description, when you want to open report builder in SharePoint site. You got the error. Right?

Based on my research, the error can be related to the application could not be started from your client machine. It also means that the Report Builder has corrupted in your application temporary area. Please try following steps: 

1) Go to the C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0 and delete the all temporary files.
    2) Relaunch the application 

Also you can share us your SharePoint error log file under the path like: <C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\15\LOGS> for more detailed information.

If you still have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Xi jin.

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 6:26 AM

All replies

• Hi Mani L,

According to your description, when you want to open report builder in SharePoint site. You got the error. Right?

Based on my research, the error can be related to the application could not be started from your client machine. It also means that the Report Builder has corrupted in your application temporary area. Please try following steps: 

1) Go to the C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0 and delete the all temporary files.
    2) Relaunch the application 

Also you can share us your SharePoint error log file under the path like: <C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\15\LOGS> for more detailed information.

If you still have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Xi jin.

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 6:26 AM
  • you rock ....  its working now. am able to open the report builder from SharePoint site in internal network.

Is this will work from external network?

Thanks,

Mani L

Mani L

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 7:26 AM
  • I tried from external , its working fine.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks,

Mani L

Mani L

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 8:59 AM