Pocket Pc 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• User1648831858 posted
    Hi, my system is unable to recognize my PDA and emulator (both pocket pc 2003 - which have been on the market for a long time) - no problem with wap and pocket pc 2002 where can I find a device update or whatever in order to make it work (the isMobileDevice item) The profiler is not an option :-( Regards Arne
    Tuesday, May 18, 2004 7:59 AM

All replies

• User1625204979 posted
    I think Device Update 4 supports PocketPC 2003. You can see more info from this link http://www.asp.net/mobile/deviceupdate.aspx?tabindex=6
    Thursday, May 20, 2004 3:14 PM
  • User1648831858 posted
    Hi, No I'm afraid not, I've already installed it. The problem is widespread according to various newsgroups incl. the MS managed groups without any directions how to solve the problem, unless you know a bunch about the browsecaps section in machine.config :-(
    Friday, May 21, 2004 5:57 AM
  • User1625204979 posted
    So what problem are you seeing when browing your page on your PocketPC 2003?
    Friday, May 21, 2004 2:41 PM
  • User1648831858 posted
    The problem occurs when i Browse either with my emulator(pocket pc 2003) or my pda (also 2003), then my asp.net page wont catch it in a test for IsMobileDevice. Example: If you use IBuySpy-portal then you will be redirected to the desktop version instead of the mobile version. Because the asp.net don't recognize my device/emulator as a mobile device. No problems with pocket pc 2002 or wap-phone.
    Friday, May 21, 2004 3:12 PM
  • User1625204979 posted
    Try adding the following line in your DeviceUpdate4.config file in your .NET Framework config directory: 1. locate the line match="Mozilla/\S* \(compatible; MSIE (?'majorVersion'\d*)(?'minorVersion'\.\d*)(; Windows CE(;(?'deviceID' \w*)(; (?'screenWidth'\d+)x(?'screenHeight'\d+))?)?)?"> 2. then locate the filter <filter match="[4-9]" with="${majorVersion}"> 3. Then add the following line at the end of the filter section isMobileDevice = "true" So it would look like this: <case match="Mozilla/\S* \(compatible; MSIE (?'majorVersion'\d*)(?'minorVersion'\.\d*)(; Windows CE(;(?'deviceID' \w*)(; (?'screenWidth'\d+)x(?'screenHeight'\d+))?)?)?"> <filter match="[4-9]" with="${majorVersion}"> majorVersion = ${majorVersion} minorVersion = ${minorVersion} version = ${majorVersion}${minorVersion} ----added line------ isMobileDevice = "true" </filter> This is the section of identifying any PocketPC browser with browser version 4 or above. It is a bug that isMobileDevice is not set to true for this device, and the line addition above should solve the problem. Let me know if it would work for you. I'll relate this info to the team for follow up.
    Friday, May 21, 2004 5:04 PM
  • User1648831858 posted
    Hi Frank Your my man of the day It certainly solved my problem - thanks a lot :-) From a - now - happy developer in Denmark
    Saturday, May 22, 2004 5:44 AM