Getting an extra link button. RRS feed

• Question

• User-1555166455 posted

Hi folks. I'm wondering if anyone else has ever had this problem. I'm building a website. I created 5 links. Then I created the pages to go with and added more css code for them. 

Suddenly I notice two things. The first was that a line of code turned red, indicating it was not working. I had the padding around an image changed from silver to blue. I now notice that along with the red code text, the color reverted back to silver. 

Now, the really weird part. I had originally pasted 6 link buttons instead of the five I needed. I deleted one of them. No prob. However, at the same time I noticed my padding color changed back to silver, I now have 6 buttons. One has no name which is not surprising as there is no markup( is that the right term? I started studying html/css only a month ago.) for it. What is really strange is that the phantom link button works. It takes me to the same page as the link below it. I've looked at my code so many times and there are just 5 lines of code. I suspected it was a memory problem so I cut and pasted all my html and css code from notepad ++ onto a word document, downloaded a different editor (Komodo) started with a fresh new doc, pasting my code on it, and it is STILL doing it. Very frustrating.  

I took some screenshots but this insert image doesn't take uploads.    Any logical suggestions would be appreciated.

BuddyBoy

Saturday, March 7, 2020 6:27 PM

All replies

• User288213138 posted

Hi buddyboy,

The first was that a line of code turned red, indicating it was not working. I had the padding around an image changed from silver to blue. I now notice that along with the red code text, the color reverted back to silver

Can you explain this sentence to me in detail? You did not modify the code, then the red code text became normal?

at the same time I noticed my padding color changed back to silver, I now have 6 buttons. One has no name which is not surprising as there is no markup( is that the right term? I started studying html/css only a month ago.) for it. What is really strange is that the phantom link button works. It takes me to the same page as the link below it. I've looked at my code so many times and there are just 5 lines of code

According to your description, I cannot reproduce your problem. Can you post your code?

For how to post image, you can refer to this link:https://forums.asp.net/t/2162725.aspx

Best regards,

Sam

Monday, March 9, 2020 2:08 AM
  • User-1555166455 posted

I watched that how to add an image thing 20 or so times and i cant figure it out. It goes so fast with no way to pause it. I don't see how typing in where on my pc a pic is will make a difference. Anyway, there's not much I can show you concerning the extra button. I can't CAP what I no longer have. Why this site makes it so difficult to post a pic is discouraging. This will be the last question I ask here.  But for the padding color I had.....padding-color: blue;  img.image{
    display:block;
    background-color: blue;
    padding: 5px;
    padding-color: blue;
    border-color: silver;
    border-width: 20px;
    border-style: ridge;
    border-top-left-radius: 32px;
    border-top-right-radius: 32px;
    border-bottom-left-radius: 32px;
    border-bottom-right-radius: 32px;

(and so on....)

I originally had padding-color: silver; 

I changed it to blue. It worked. I liked the way it looked better. 

Later on, I noticed the words padding-color changed from white to red. Seeing this in the past, I knew something was wrong.

I looked at my web page and the padding color was no longer blue, but silver. That's the strange part. If the line of code stopped working for what ever reason, I would think there would be no visible padding, same as if I never wrote code for it.

The fact that it reverted to a color I used in the past is what freaks my brain. In both cases, I had something that was working. Without altering either of them, the result changed. If something works a certain way one minute, it should continue to work that way. Am I wrong?

Monday, March 9, 2020 7:23 AM
  • User288213138 posted

Hi buddyboy,

I originally had padding-color: silver; 

I changed it to blue. It worked. I liked the way it looked better. 

As far as i know, "padding-color" is not a known CSS property name.

Are you sure it works? You can try to keep only this property to test if it works.

Best regards,

Sam

Wednesday, March 11, 2020 3:23 AM