DB SCHEMA INFO error when connecting to AZURE SQL through OLE DB RRS feed

• Question

• Created a virtual machine in Azure and connected to Azure SQL server. I have been able to access the Azure SQL server through 2014 SQL Server Management Studio. 

I have connected my program to the Azure SQL through a OLE DB connection. I am able to connect and create a new database through this connection, however when I try to connect to the newly created database, i get the following error: 

Error creating connection: Not a Market(our product) database: Invalid object name 'db_schema_info'.

I am not sure what is going on and why this error is showing up. Is it because of the OLE DB connection? The fact that the login mysql.database.windows.net has periods and a login login@mysql? I have had issues with punctuation in the past when connecting through OLE DB. Please help me to either find the right code or another work around option. 

I can connect my program to a local SQL server hosted on the VM the same process as above without any issues. This is not a viable option as I need to connect multiple VMs to the same SQL server. 

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 4:21 PM

Answers