StoryBoard not working has intended

Question

• Hello, i have an application in windows store that has some storyboards to make a 4 buttons rotate. I have made a few releases of the application and recently i have noticed that the storyboards have stoped working has inteded. Either the buttons dont fully rotate, or a few steps of the storyboard are simply "ignored", resuming, the animation is crappy. In Blend the animations work has inteded! Only in the application when in debug/release they dont!

I leave here a link so that someone can test it. Its a simple app that shows the intended animation not "working" properly.

Im not sure if i am doing something wrong or not, but these animations were working and suddenly they just stoped...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7541461/App1.rar

Thanks for any help!

Zead

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 2:23 PM

Answers

• Hi Zead,

I already submit this issue to senior engineers and we can both reproduce it. But unfortunately I cannot control the priority of the issue.

However if the issue is really urgent, I would suggest you to contact MS directly by visiting the site: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/apps/hh690938.aspx

Sorry I can only help with this. Thanks for your understanding.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by Zead Wednesday, June 11, 2014 11:44 AM
    Wednesday, June 11, 2014 8:10 AM

All replies

• Hi Zead,

Thanks for your shared project, I can download it and do some test.

I can see the problem, the buttons cannot be fully animated, however if I hover the mouse on the target button, the animation works fine. I believe the problem should not be on your code, but could be a performance issue. I will talk with our senior engineers to see what they can tell.

Thanks.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, May 15, 2014 6:45 AM
  • Hello,

Im still waiting for a solution or some feedback. I got an application waiting to be released... If theres no solution I will change the effect to something else and release, while i wait for a solution...

Zead

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 11:04 AM
  • Hi Zead,

Sorry for that, I will give you the reply once I get some replies, I will let you know if there is a solution or it is a known issue.

Maybe it may take few days, probably you could change the effect to something else and update when we have the solution.

--James

Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 1:49 AM
  • Is there any news regarding the issue?

Zead

Monday, June 9, 2014 11:11 AM
  • Hi Zead,

I already submit this issue to senior engineers and we can both reproduce it. But unfortunately I cannot control the priority of the issue.

However if the issue is really urgent, I would suggest you to contact MS directly by visiting the site: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/apps/hh690938.aspx

Sorry I can only help with this. Thanks for your understanding.

--James

Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by Zead Wednesday, June 11, 2014 11:44 AM
    Wednesday, June 11, 2014 8:10 AM