none
''service bits'' how to desactivate to instal ntframework? RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Deka260,

Welcome to MSDN forums. And thank you for your post.

Could you please clarify your issue more? Which "service bits" do you mean? Do you mean that you want to turn off Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) during the installation of .NET Framework?

If yes, I'm afraid that we need BITS to install .NET Framework because Automatic Updates will be installed with BITS.
    Please open the Services console (Start >> Run >> type "services.msc" >> Click OK or press Enter) and check to see if BITS is at least set to Manual (Automatic would be better).

Hope this helps! If I misunderstood, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by deka260 Thursday, October 29, 2009 2:29 PM
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 5:10 AM

All replies

• Hi Deka260,

Welcome to MSDN forums. And thank you for your post.

Could you please clarify your issue more? Which "service bits" do you mean? Do you mean that you want to turn off Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) during the installation of .NET Framework?

If yes, I'm afraid that we need BITS to install .NET Framework because Automatic Updates will be installed with BITS.
    Please open the Services console (Start >> Run >> type "services.msc" >> Click OK or press Enter) and check to see if BITS is at least set to Manual (Automatic would be better).

Hope this helps! If I misunderstood, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by deka260 Thursday, October 29, 2009 2:29 PM
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 5:10 AM
  • Hi

even i am clueless about your question
    Plz clarify your question
    did u mean this...

2.1.7. Download of .NET Framework Setup fails.

2.1.7.1. Configuration Errors

This error occurs when BITS interfaces are not registered or the registry settings are corrupted.

To resolve this issue:

- Upgrade to BITS 2.0 from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=B93356B1-BA43-480F-983D-EB19368F9047&displaylang=en

-or-

- Repair the BITS service by running the Bitsadmin tool at the command prompt, as follows: bitsadmin /util /repairservice /force

You can download the Bitsadmin tool from: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?amp;displaylang=en&familyid=49AE8576-9BB9-4126-9761-BA8011FABF38&displaylang=en.

2.1.7.2. Network Errors

These errors may occur for the following reasons:

- Unable to reach download server.

- URL not found on the server.

- Server is overloaded.

- Bad Gateway or Proxy.

- Network is disconnected.

- Proxy does not support HTTP 1.1.

To resolve this issue:

1. Make sure that you are connected to the network. You may have to exit Setup.

2. Do one of the following things.

- Provide correct settings for the proxy server and ensure that your computer can correctly resolve the proxy server.

-or-

- Upgrade to BITS 2.0. You can download BITS 2.0 from
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?amp;displaylang=en&familyid=49AE8576-9BB9-4126-9761-BA8011FABF38&displaylang=en .

2.1.7.3. Disk Errors

This error occurs when the BITS service failed to create a file or write to a file. Because another program, such as chkdsk.exe, might be running, the disk might be locked and BITS might be prevented from writing to the file.

To resolve this issue:

- Make sure that no other program that could lock the disk is running and then try the download again.

-or-

- Restart the computer and then run Setup again. Make sure that you are connected to the Internet.

2.1.7.4.Proxy Errors

The BITS service failed because of one of the following proxy-related errors:

- The Proxy settings are not valid.

- The proxy server requires authentication.

- The computer is not able to resolve the proxy server.

To resolve this issue:

- Provide correct credentials for proxy server authentication and then start Setup again.

-or-

- Upgrade the proxy server to support HTTP1.1 and ensure that the proxy supports implicit credentials (for example, NTLM). You may have to contact your network administrator.

-or-

Bypass the proxy server by changing your Internet Explorer proxy settings.

To bypass a proxy server:

1. In Internet Explorer, click Tools and then click Internet Options.

2. Click the Connections tab and then click LAN Settings.

3. Under Proxy server, clear Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections.) and then click OK.

4. Click OK again.

If you need further assistance with your proxy server settings, contact your network administrator.

2.1.7.5. Other Errors

The BITS Service does not run in the following scenarios:

- Safe-boot mode.

- On Windows 2000 from a remote desktop connection.

- When Setup is installed by using a "run as" command.

To resolve this issue:

No workaround is available. These scenarios are not supported.

Few links for reference
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=B93356B1-BA43-480F-983D-EB19368F9047&displaylang=en
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/a/e/9ae0f6cc-7032-408e-9ca7-989f9e4af4ec/dotNetReadMe.htm

Does this help...

Thanks
    anliS

Best Regards,
    anliS
    BIC
    Please remember to mark the correct replies as answers
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 9:25 AM
  • sorry my ingles is  terrible!!!but you answer my question...thanks
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 2:31 PM
  • hi

U can use google translator to translate english to your language .
    refer link here http://translate.google.co.in/

just copy our content paste it to google translator and translate it to your language. its easyyyy to do so...

Hope this helps

Thanks
    anliS
    Best Regards,
    anliS
    BIC
    Please remember to mark the correct replies as answers
    Friday, October 30, 2009 4:06 AM
  • Thank you for AnliS's kindly help. :)

Hi Deka260,

It's my pleasure!

Have a good weekend.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    • Edited by YiChun Chen Friday, October 30, 2009 4:41 AM typo
    Friday, October 30, 2009 4:41 AM