New set up WP8 SDK errors RRS feed

• Question

• Installed brand new Windows 8 Pro N on Virtual machine on my new MacBook Pro.

Installed WP8SDK.

Created a new project and build it, it gives me following error's. Why is new set up so difficult is there a document I can follow ?

Error 1 Could not load the assembly file://\\vmware-host\shared folders\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\HelloWorld\helloworld\helloworld\obj\Debug\helloworld.dll. This assembly may have been downloaded from the Web.  If an assembly has been downloaded from the Web, it is flagged by Windows as being a Web file, even if it resides on the local computer. This may prevent it from being used in your project. You can change this designation by changing the file properties. Only unblock assemblies that you trust. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=179545 for more information. helloworld

Error 2 The name "LocalizedStrings" does not exist in the namespace "clr-namespace:helloworld". \\vmware-host\shared folders\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\HelloWorld\helloworld\helloworld\App.xaml 1 1 helloworld

Error 3 Could not find file '\\vmware-host\shared folders\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\HelloWorld\helloworld\helloworld\obj\Debug\XapCacheFile.xml'. Please rebuild the solution and try again.  0 0

Error 4 The name "LocalizedStrings" does not exist in the namespace "clr-namespace:helloworld". \\vmware-host\shared folders\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\HelloWorld\helloworld\helloworld\App.xaml 10 9 helloworld

Please help. 

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 3:45 PM

Answers

• I found the solution for this. I had kept the sharing full HD on with mac on the virtual machine. So my code was getting written to documents folder on my mac. Switch sharing off and restart.
    • Marked as answer by Roshanxg Wednesday, August 14, 2013 6:44 PM
    Wednesday, August 14, 2013 6:44 PM