Expression Blend Crash RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I'm having problem with Expression Blend 3.

When I'm trying to open Blend 3, It don't start and only shows the small splash screen, not the big one that have to be show after the small one.

After I click on it i got the windows options for wait o close the application and to see the problem information:

Description:

Problem Event Name: AppHangB1

Application Name: Blend.exe

Application Version: 3.0.1927.0

Application Timestamp: 4a5d4331

Hang Signature: 18a9

Hang Type: 256

OS Version: 6.1.7100.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 9226

Additional Hang Signature 1: 18a9eef9cb7db39cd7aa35dd1faf9b4b

Additional Hang Signature 2: 15f7

Additional Hang Signature 3: 15f7e755a35fb694b9517d7aead6c1e0

Additional Hang Signature 4: 18a9

Additional Hang Signature 5: 18a9eef9cb7db39cd7aa35dd1faf9b4b

Additional Hang Signature 6: 15f7

Additional Hang Signature 7: 15f7e755a35fb694b9517d7aead6c1e0

Read our privacy statement online:

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don´t know what the problem is, I have the same problem when i'm trying to open  some WPF application that I have been crate and that works well in my laptop.

Thanks for your help...

HAVE A HaPPY DAY!

Wílmer Bravo Zapata

A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:

• Changed type wilmerbz Saturday, September 12, 2009 2:37 PM Expression blend crash
    Saturday, September 12, 2009 2:29 PM

All replies

• Hi,
           This might be an installation issue. Can you please try to un-install Blend and Silverlight SDK and try installing it again and see if that solves your problem. Also, if possible please send us the stack trace for the crash. You can get the stack trace by running Blend from command prompt with /exceptionlog flag. Send this log at navits@microsoft.com and we will take a look at this.

Thanks,
    Navit Saxena

Saturday, September 12, 2009 9:43 PM
  • Hi!!

thanks for your help!

I have been unistall the expression studio... but my wpf application are still having problem...

And know that i'm trying to install the expression studio again, the installer crashes at the begining...

The installer just say: Preparing installer, or begining, something like that with the nice yellow background... but after some seconds the installer crashes and stop responding....

I can't have the log file, because of I have been unistalled the Blend...

I don´t know what to do.... I'm using Windows 7 RC1 on the desktop and laptop computers.... on my laptop i'm not having any problem with expression studio, but on my desktop is the problem....

The desktop computer's hardware is ok... The desktop pc have dual boot with windows xp, and I don't have problem with the wpf app there, just that I don't want to install exdpression on it because of that windows xp installetion is only used for other apps....

Thanks agin for your help...

Have a happy day!

Wílmer Bravo Zapata
    Sunday, September 13, 2009 6:26 AM
  • Wilmer,
    Can you send a screen shot of the failure to exfordis@microsoft.com

Also can you run setup from the command line with -l*V parameter: setup.exe -l*V

This will turn on verbose logging for setup.  The log will be located in your %temp% directory.

CD %TEMP%
    Dir xsetup_*.log

Can you email the most recent file to the above email address.

Are you installing on a x64 or x86 machine?

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

With regards
    Christopher Cole
    Microsoft Expression
    Microsoft Corp.
    Monday, September 14, 2009 8:23 PM