Club Web Site Graphic Design RRS feed

• Question

• User-800643477 posted

Anybody know how the background_main.jpg was created. Or is there anything out there about how the graphics for the Club Web Site were created. Be a nice addition to the info disseminated with the Starter Kits. The graphics design piece always seems to get overlooked.

I have Photoshop 7.0, but I'm just starting to learn it. Looks like Club Web Site uses a lot of basic gradients, but I was wondering how the dark lines on background_main.jpg in particular were created. Any thoughts appreciated.

Bob

Monday, January 14, 2008 10:49 PM

All replies

• User-2071395231 posted

Bob,

I would add several layers ontop of the original image.  then select the different sections of gradients that you see , and switch to a new layer, then flood fill each section with your new gradient.

To create the shadowed effect, you can do the same with a gradient grom a medium grey color to transparency, and make sure that this is in a layer above the the others.

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 3:41 PM
  • User-1340885213 posted

If you download the starter kit, you'd notice a folder called "images". In your photoshop you may open background_main.jpg from that images folder and see how it has been created.

Actually, you can create a similar size psd file there and work on layers to change the gradients and other features of any image given there.

Its a purely photoshop job so you need to know the basics.

Best of luck.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 2:44 AM