none
16-bit PCMCIA Card Not Working on Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• My computer was upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7. The PCMCIA card was working OK on XP but now is not recognized by Windows 7.

The device ID was read as MTD-0002 instead of the correct one, and this revents the installation of driver for the correct device ID.

I have read a couple notes before as setting the parameter DisableIsaToPciRouting to 1 in the HKLM, and have done that. All of the resources (IO, Memory, IRQ) seem to be allocated correctly, but the device ID is still not correct and the device is failed to start.

Since this is an old 16-bit PCMCIA using ISA IRQ, I am not sure if the Windows 7 PCMCIA.sys is still supporting it, or if there are other parameters need to be set for Windows 7 to recognize the card.

Thanks for any help.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 7:15 PM

All replies

• I don't think you are going get much help in this forum, we support driver development, not debugging os components . First i would check to see if 16 bit pcmcia are even supported by w7. If yes, contact msft product support to see if there is any help or known issues there

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 3:53 AM
  • Doron, Thanks!

And yes that is what I would like to know if Windows 7 is still supporting 16-bit PCMCIA card, or if anyone has succesfully developed driver for 16-bit pcmcia in Windows 7.

To re-use the pcmcia card, my choices are either re-use the old driver with some modification of register key parameter settings if there are any, or have to re-write a new driver if it is still possible with Windows 7.

Thanks again for any help.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 2:59 PM
  • At this point, contact pss. Pcmcia is a pretty old technology, replaced by pccard and now express card, and if the OS compnent itself is not enumerating your device, it is a suport issue, nothing we can do here

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 3:32 PM