Not all pedometer data is transferred to HV RRS feed

• Question

• Hi - I am using Omron Pedometer 720ITC.  The data that gets transferred from the pedometer to my HV account is a subset of the data I see through the Omron Health Management Software UI. 

- Is this something I can configure to make it transfer all data items?

- The pedometer data is stored in my HV account in tabular form.  What are the options if I want to see the data in my HV account in graph mode for example or put it side by side with another set of data in HV.  Are there 3rd party apps that provide this type of functionality? 

Thanks

Friday, June 20, 2008 9:16 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

The Omron HealthVault driver currently does not support transferring the hourly samples of pedometer activity.  However, it is able to transfer the overall daily snapshots of the steps taken.  Omron is looking into adding the hourly samples in the future as they create newer versions of their driver. 

The options to see your data that is stored in your HealthVault account is via our partner applications.  Applications such as American Heart Associations website can display your aerobic activity in a graph form, but you may also might want to use HealthyCircles.com to graph your daily steps taken along with any other data in your platform.  You may also use MSN's RouteTracker to display the number of steps taken on a map to create a virtual trip.  We have a number of partners building applications that will allow you to use the data from your pedometer in unique ways.

-Rocky  

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 12:06 AM

All replies

•  

Hi,

The Omron HealthVault driver currently does not support transferring the hourly samples of pedometer activity.  However, it is able to transfer the overall daily snapshots of the steps taken.  Omron is looking into adding the hourly samples in the future as they create newer versions of their driver. 

The options to see your data that is stored in your HealthVault account is via our partner applications.  Applications such as American Heart Associations website can display your aerobic activity in a graph form, but you may also might want to use HealthyCircles.com to graph your daily steps taken along with any other data in your platform.  You may also use MSN's RouteTracker to display the number of steps taken on a map to create a virtual trip.  We have a number of partners building applications that will allow you to use the data from your pedometer in unique ways.

-Rocky  

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 12:06 AM
  • any ETA on this? looks like it's stalling features in other apps like this http://walkme.uservoice.com/forums/11683-general/suggestions/116742-hourly-view?ref=title
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 2:24 AM
  • Hi,

Our device team will into this shortly and will tell you the current behavior of Omron HealthVault driver.

Thank you,

Anish Ravindran
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 5:19 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your query.  The device driver uploads the Pedometer data consolidated on a daily basis (steps/ aerobic steps etc.,).  We will check with the manufacturer on enabling this feature for HealthVault and will certainly update this forum.

-Shyam

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 6:01 PM