windows 8 mobile c# code help - i need code for launch calendar,alaram,calculator - all installed apps with it's app name

Question

• hi

windows 8 mobile c# code help  - i need code for launch calendar,alaram,calculator - all installed apps with it's app name

i tried code like : Windows.System.Launcher.LaunchUriAsync('calculator:');

but it is not work,please help me anybody

please anybody help me

Friday, January 30, 2015 7:32 PM

Answers

• It's the same thing (or you didn't describe the problem correctly and are in the wrong forum).

There is no programmatic way for a Windows Store app to explicitly launch another application, and there is no voice control system in-box for Windows Store apps.

As Sheng Jiang said, the security and privacy system prevents general purpose apps from enumerating the other apps on the system.

You could write a launcher as a desktop app, but that's a topic for another forum.

--Rob

Monday, February 2, 2015 7:16 PM
    Owner

All replies

• This method requires the target app agrees to be launched this way. See App contracts and extensions (Windows Runtime apps)

Visual C++ MVP

Friday, January 30, 2015 7:59 PM
  • thanks but i need clear idea ,i  want build a app like go launcher ,get all installed app name

and click on any app ,it will open or start app,please help me

Saturday, January 31, 2015 12:41 AM
  • You can't. Allowing your app to enumerate apps installed would mean breaking the sandbox. 

For what you can access outside of your own app, check App capability declarations (Windows Runtime apps)

Visual C++ MVP

Saturday, January 31, 2015 1:22 AM
  • windows 8 mobile c# code help - i need code for voice commands to open calendar,alaram,calculator or call name

kindly help me anybody

Sunday, February 1, 2015 3:14 PM
  • hi About Rob Caplan

it is not duplicate,just read both question ,don't  make me angry ,i  already search over many  place no helpful source .

i asked for voice command - are you know c# or technical or just  site admin

allow my question  to answer by any other or get answer from Microsoft developer.

windows8 development sdk is very poor ,they are no help sample  files for resolve many problem

very limited feature ,you are worst compare with android , IOS

• Edited by priya devi Monday, February 2, 2015 7:05 PM
    Monday, February 2, 2015 6:58 PM
  • It's the same thing (or you didn't describe the problem correctly and are in the wrong forum).

There is no programmatic way for a Windows Store app to explicitly launch another application, and there is no voice control system in-box for Windows Store apps.

As Sheng Jiang said, the security and privacy system prevents general purpose apps from enumerating the other apps on the system.

You could write a launcher as a desktop app, but that's a topic for another forum.

--Rob

Monday, February 2, 2015 7:16 PM
    Owner