none
EWS Managed API - Updating contact's business address is not working RRS feed

• Question

• I am following the sample https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ee693002%28v=exchg.80%29.aspx and try to update contact's business address and it is not working. Is it a known issue?
    Friday, May 22, 2015 7:01 PM

Answers

• Ok, i analyzed the above issue. As part of it i modified the code for updating contact's business address like the following:

// Update the contact's business address.
                    //PhysicalAddressEntry PABusinessEntry = new PhysicalAddressEntry();
                    PhysicalAddressEntry PABusinessEntry = null;
                    PABusinessEntry = contact.PhysicalAddresses[PhysicalAddressKey.Business];
                    PABusinessEntry.Street = "4567 Contoso Way";
                    PABusinessEntry.City = "Redmond";
                    PABusinessEntry.State = "OH";
                    PABusinessEntry.PostalCode = "33333";
                    PABusinessEntry.CountryOrRegion = "United States of America";
                    contact.PhysicalAddresses[PhysicalAddressKey.Business] = PABusinessEntry;

// Save the contact.
                    contact.Update(ConflictResolutionMode.AlwaysOverwrite);              

Using this updated code, i see that the contact item is updated successfully.

Try the updated code and let me know whether this works for you or not.

Cheers!!

DeVa, M.S., {MSFT} Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help

Monday, May 25, 2015 10:15 PM

All replies

• Do you get an error when you do the Update?

DJ Grijalva | MCITP: EMA 2007/2010 SPA 2010 | www.persistentcerebro.com

Friday, May 22, 2015 7:34 PM
  • no error, the address just did not get updated

I verified the request that the info i sent is correct

Friday, May 22, 2015 7:54 PM
  • Have you looked at the EWS Request/Response?

Monday, May 25, 2015 5:36 PM
  • Ok, i analyzed the above issue. As part of it i modified the code for updating contact's business address like the following:

// Update the contact's business address.
                    //PhysicalAddressEntry PABusinessEntry = new PhysicalAddressEntry();
                    PhysicalAddressEntry PABusinessEntry = null;
                    PABusinessEntry = contact.PhysicalAddresses[PhysicalAddressKey.Business];
                    PABusinessEntry.Street = "4567 Contoso Way";
                    PABusinessEntry.City = "Redmond";
                    PABusinessEntry.State = "OH";
                    PABusinessEntry.PostalCode = "33333";
                    PABusinessEntry.CountryOrRegion = "United States of America";
                    contact.PhysicalAddresses[PhysicalAddressKey.Business] = PABusinessEntry;

// Save the contact.
                    contact.Update(ConflictResolutionMode.AlwaysOverwrite);              

Using this updated code, i see that the contact item is updated successfully.

Try the updated code and let me know whether this works for you or not.

Cheers!!

Monday, May 25, 2015 10:15 PM