Noob Assembly and Namespace question RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.  I am very new so I don't know what information will be relavent for this particular question.

Essentially I built a Slot Machine game that uses two user controls that I have custom made (Spinner and Light).

I exited my project and I can't find the MVS Solution file, so I reloaded each seperately but now I get the following error:

Warning 1 Could not find type 'FruitSpinner.FruitSpinner2'.  Please make sure that the assembly that contains this type is referenced.  If this type is a part of your development project, make sure that the project has been successfully built. 

The namespace for the FruitSpinner IS FruitSpinner.  So I don't know what it's whining at me for :S.

Any help?

Thanks,

CK
    Wednesday, September 3, 2008 9:00 PM

Answers

• You probably need to add a reference in the assembly that's throwing this warning to the project that has the FruitSpinner.FruitSpinner2 control.

On a side note, I'd find a better name for either FruitSpinner or FruitSpinner2.  My guess is that FruitSpinner2 is named such so as to not clash with the namespace.  This isn't a very good reason to name it with a "2". 

Do you have multiple projects in your solution?  If so, right click on the references folder of the project that is complaining of this, and click "Add Reference...", then click the Projects tab, and add the project that contains this class.

David Morton - http://blog.davemorton.net/
    • Marked as answer by CommanderKeen Wednesday, September 3, 2008 9:42 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by CommanderKeen Wednesday, September 3, 2008 9:42 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by CommanderKeen Wednesday, September 3, 2008 9:51 PM
    • Marked as answer by CommanderKeen Wednesday, September 3, 2008 9:51 PM
    Wednesday, September 3, 2008 9:09 PM

All replies

• You probably need to add a reference in the assembly that's throwing this warning to the project that has the FruitSpinner.FruitSpinner2 control.

On a side note, I'd find a better name for either FruitSpinner or FruitSpinner2.  My guess is that FruitSpinner2 is named such so as to not clash with the namespace.  This isn't a very good reason to name it with a "2". 

Do you have multiple projects in your solution?  If so, right click on the references folder of the project that is complaining of this, and click "Add Reference...", then click the Projects tab, and add the project that contains this class.

David Morton - http://blog.davemorton.net/
    • Marked as answer by CommanderKeen Wednesday, September 3, 2008 9:51 PM
    Wednesday, September 3, 2008 9:09 PM
  • After you reloaded the projects, you lost the references (or so it seems).  Right click the references folder in your main project and Add Reference.  In the References dialog, select the Projects tab and select the usercontrol projects to add them as references.
    Wednesday, September 3, 2008 9:10 PM
  • Thanks for the help.  That's what I needed.  I just needed to know how to add those references... Now I know!
    Wednesday, September 3, 2008 9:43 PM
  • Mr. Morton got his answer in before mine, and he said pretty much exactly what I said, so his post should get marked as answer.
    Wednesday, September 3, 2008 9:45 PM
  • I tired to mark both as answer =p  guess that doesn't work!
    • Proposed as answer by David M Morton Wednesday, September 3, 2008 9:52 PM
    Wednesday, September 3, 2008 9:51 PM