Raising Event - Unable to find Assembly issue RRS feed

• Question

• Ok, so here's a weird one. Everything I've found on this is indicating that the assembly hasn't been loaded. But in this case it definately has.

I'm rasing an event that is captured in another class that is part of the same dll which then fires a method on an interface that is setup when the class is created on the client side.

It's the only way I could get this whole thing working... at least in theory...

So anyhow, I get no errors anywhere on the client side in the client class that += the event now, which I was getting serialization errors before.

But when the event is raised on the server side, which uses the exact same DLL that I just compiled using VS.net, I get the following error:

Unable to find assembly 'MonitoringShared, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

MonitoringShared is the dll and the function that is raising the event is in that DLL! How can it not find the dll when it's in that dll???

How do I fix this?

Thanks!
    Thursday, April 6, 2006 4:03 PM

Answers

• Thanks! I found the problem. It was pathing issues because it wasn't looking for the dependant DLL in my plugin directory. As soon as I mapped it correctly, problem solved.
    Monday, May 8, 2006 3:21 PM

All replies

• Hi John, if you paste your client and service code, I'll take a look.

Also, you might want to check out the event sample Utkarsh just posted on the Remoting blog [1] and compare it to your code.

Cheers,

JJustice [MSFT]

[1] http://blogs.msdn.com/dotnetremoting/archive/2006/04/07/571020.aspx

Sunday, April 16, 2006 6:07 AM
  • Thanks! I found the problem. It was pathing issues because it wasn't looking for the dependant DLL in my plugin directory. As soon as I mapped it correctly, problem solved.
    Monday, May 8, 2006 3:21 PM