none
Kiosk mode in PixelSense app'

Question

• Hello everyone,

I'm currently developping an app for PixelSense V1. This app targets public people in a tourism office : my goal is to force them to stay on my app, meaning I need a kind of "kiosk mode", which would make the 4 corners button displayed by the Surface Shell) disappeared.

As far as I know, the PixelSense user mode let users come back to the menu with all installed apps.

Do you have any idea about the way I can do that? I fell on Gian Paolo article (code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsdesktop/Deploy-Surface-SDK-20-app-1144b63e), and this work great on emulator (as it starts a nude classic Window) but not on the table itself.

Many thanks for your suggestions,

Regards

Nicolas

Monday, January 6, 2014 9:58 AM

All replies

• Hi, you need the single application mode http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg680387.aspx 

best
    -g

Gian Paolo Santopaolo - softwarelab.it - thedarksideof.net
    Disclaimer: This post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confer no rights.

Thursday, January 9, 2014 10:48 AM
  • Hello, as Gain says, you need to configure your surface app laucher in order to use the single mode application. With such mode you can define the only application that will be started by the shell.

In addition, in case your application crash for some reason, in such mode it will be automatically restarted with any user action.

regards

serge

Your knowledge is enhanced by that of others.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 7:23 AM
  • Thank you both for your answer. As soon as I get the test table, I will happily test this.

I'll let you know if I encounter any problem or if I need any advice.

Thanks again !

Regards,

Nicolas

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 9:01 AM