Change System Indicators

Question

• Hi jpsanders:

There's API to change the notification status in the left-bottom part of the charm.  See the picture below, the left-bottom part was marked by the red circle.

For example, I want to change the "battery level", there are APIs to do this?

Friday, November 25, 2011 8:48 AM

Answers

• Hi Breeze,

These are all system statuses.  Can you give me a use case where you think you would want to override the system state and representation of this?  Why would you want to fool the user into thinking these values are not what the system reports them to be?  More importantly, why would you want a Metro Style Application making these changes that would affect every other application on the machine to include desktop applications? 

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 1:45 PM

All replies

• Anyone can answer me?

If I want to change the status of the notification by myself, such as battery level, wifi connect status,  how can I do ?

Thanks! 

Monday, November 28, 2011 1:49 AM
  • Hi Breeze,

These are all system statuses.  Can you give me a use case where you think you would want to override the system state and representation of this?  Why would you want to fool the user into thinking these values are not what the system reports them to be?  More importantly, why would you want a Metro Style Application making these changes that would affect every other application on the machine to include desktop applications? 

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 1:45 PM
  • I don't think there any classes to do with this.

• Edited by avxad Sunday, November 18, 2012 9:18 PM
    Sunday, November 18, 2012 9:18 PM