none
How to Fix Broken Delegation on DNS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There,

Please be informed I have three DCs in my network. two of them Server 2008 Standard SP2 and the third one is Server 2008 R2 Ent SP1 all Virtual Machine (VM)

Last Friday I have updated the time on my DC which controls the time in the network and my 2012 R2 file-server (VM) was 30 minutes off, so most of my users lost the map drive connections.

As soon as I fixed the time all map drives came back.

the time on the host machine was wrong and I already fixed it. also I ran

NET TIME /DOMAIN:mydomain.local /SET

on the file-server.

On Monday I have found nobody can scan on SMB, I talked to the customer service and they told me it is a log in issue.

if I change the user name of scanner to administrator, scanners work, old user no luck. 

I checked my event viewer on my file server. I can see Event ID 1110

Error Code: 1722

Error Description: The RPC Server is Unavailable

"The processing of Group Policy failed. Windows could not determine if the user and computer accounts are in the same forest. Ensure the user domain name matches the name of a trusted domain that resides in the same forest as the computer account."

I ran DCDIAG /Test:DNS /V /E /F and found that I have broken delegation

Also I found when I ping my DC with switch -a, ping process does not show the server name.

nslookup shows the servers

repadmin /showreps runs successfully on all DCs

reference http://www.experts-exchange.com/Software/Server_Software/Active_Directory/Q_28359092.html

Any idea?

• Edited by Alex_0s Tuesday, October 21, 2014 5:33 PM
    Tuesday, October 21, 2014 3:21 PM

Answers

• Hi There,

I had to ask for help form Microsoft. and the system engineer worked for almost 3.5 hours and fixed the issue.

the main command was:

gpupdate /force

There was an issue with one of the group policies (I guess a part of it was repeated)

• Marked as answer by Alex_0s Wednesday, October 22, 2014 12:54 PM
    Wednesday, October 22, 2014 12:54 PM