none
Initial Tools for Apache Cordova are creating a failure with the build. Could you have a look please? RRS feed

• Question

• To whom it may concern,

I am a student developer looking to make some apps with the new Tools for Apache Cordova CTP 3.1. I am currently running a 64 Bit Windows 8.1 (Full edition) computer with the latest updates since last patch Tuesday. When I start Visual Studio Community 2013 Edition with Update 4, it does not allow me to create a Typescript application. It just states in the Output log that there is a build that failed when trying to debug, distribute or release the blank app (Apache Cordova) using any platform. Please note, Apache Ripple does not launch to show the app. Below is the actual message from the Output Window that is outputted when trying to test a Release version of an Android device - rest assure the message below is similar for all the platforms you can test with using Apache Ripple (excludes Hyper-V as the operating system does not support it - needs to be Professional):

1>------ Build started: Project: BlankCordovaApp13, Configuration: Release Android ------

1>  GeneratedJavascript=scripts\index.js;scripts\platformOverrides.js

1>  ...\documents\visual studio 2013\Projects\BlankCordovaApp13\BlankCordovaApp13>call "C:\Program Files (x86)\nodejs\"\nodevars.bat

1>  Your environment has been set up for using Node.js 0.10.33 (x64) and npm.

1>  ------ Ensuring correct global installation of package from source package directory: C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO 12.0\COMMON7\IDE\EXTENSIONS\VYAMNLD5.RZP\packages\vs-mda

========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

========== Deploy: 0 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

**Please note that the ... on line 3 represents a full path that I do not wish to publish to MSDN, rest assure that it actually exist on the computer in question.

Also, the project I am currently compiling is a project created from the VS new project menu (File > New Project > Typescript > Blank App (Apache Cordova).

Let me know your thoughts on this issue at your earliest convenience and don't hesitate to send me any solutions that may be helpful in helping more people over come this issue.

Thank you so much for your time. Have a wonderful day. :)

- Coder 206

Coder 206

Friday, April 17, 2015 4:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Coder 206.  Please set your build verbosity to Diagnostic
    (Tools>Options>Projects and Solutions>Build and Run>Set MSBuild
    project build output verbosity= Diagnostic), clean your solution and rebuild
    the project.  The verbose build output should  give better
    details to diagnose the issue.  You can reply back with the relevant build error. 

Thanks,

Ellen

Thursday, April 23, 2015 11:23 PM