none
While generating a WCF SQL schema, why am I getting different sequencing order of the columns for the same store procedure present in different SQL Server DB, SP uses table valued parameters as input parameter? RRS feed

• General discussion

• We migrated the DB from A to B. 

I generated the WCF SQL schema for the same sp on two different SQL DB(A and B) and found out that the column sequence of the TVPs differs in WCF schema.

The user-defined table types on both DB are same. WCF SQL generated on A DB matches the user-defined table types and other doesn't match with the table type structure.

• Changed type DanyJona Tuesday, October 16, 2012 9:01 AM
    Tuesday, October 16, 2012 8:47 AM

All replies

• have you check the service pack and cumulative updates on both SQL server, to make sure that they are the same, typically when you connect to the SQL server with SSMS, it give you the server level, like my currently SQL 2008 R2 is showing 10.50.2500.  I would confirm that both server are at the same level.

Bill Chesnut | BizTalk Server MVP | Mexia Consulting | Melbourne Australia
    http://www.biztalkbill.com
    Please indicate "Mark as Answer" if this post has answered the question.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 12:08 PM
  • We are using the same SQL Server 2008 R2 but we have different DB. we restored the production backup (B DB) and pointed the interface to this.

As interface started failing, hence we generated the WCF-SQL schema by pointing to the restored DB and saw the difference in column order.

Error:The data for table-valued parameter @ABC doesn't conform to the table type of the parameter.

Regards, DanyJ

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 1:28 PM
  • Take a look at the Table Column order in both databases to see if there is a difference.

David Downing... If this answers your question, please Mark as the Answer. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 3:57 AM
  • Both TVP has the same column order.

Regards, DanyJ

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 7:05 AM
  • Did you also check the order of the SP parameters between the two servers?

David Downing... If this answers your question, please Mark as the Answer. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 1:40 PM