none
Missing Keyboard Shortcut Capabilities - 2015

Question

• So,

Visual Studio 2015 seems to have royally effed up a few of my favorite aspects of 2013 (and previous editions).

First: Atrocious Settings Import.
    I got to say that this is the first time Visual Studio really had me asking "WTF?"  I go to import my 2013 settings, and and 2015 can't do it.  Fails, fails again, I reset, fails a third time.  I export, reset, and then it imports and saves without messing up, but my font and color settings aren't imported.  and My keyboard settings are screwed.

Second:
    Edit.Generate*

There were a whole slew of "Generate" commands that I use HOURLY.  GenerateMethod, GenerateEnumMember, GenerateField, GenerateProperty, GenerateConstructor.I use them all massively.  Why?  Because if I use the Alt+Shift+F10 (which now seems to also be ctrl+.) I have to navigate an damned menu.  So what used to be a single key press has now become several.

WHy get rid of these commands.  There is no logical reason to do so other than to piss off your customer base. 

There may be a lot of great aspects to 2015, but so far I'm going back to 2013 until Microsoft quits screwing over people with what they "think" is the best way to do something. 

If i have to take my hands off the keyboard and use the mouse (other than in the "Designer") You are doing something wrong and slowing me down.

Regards,

Jaeden "Sifo Dyas" al'Raec Ruiner

"Never Trust a computer. Your brain is smarter than any micro-chip."
    PS - Don't mark answers on other people's questions. There are such things as Vacations and Holidays which may reduce timely activity, and until the person asking the question can test your answer, it is not correct just because you think it is. Marking it correct for them often stops other people from even reading the question and possibly providing the real "correct" answer.

Tuesday, June 07, 2016 2:43 PM

Answers