How to control the time for which the tooltip is opened for a data template in XAML metro style app

General discussion

• I have an issue with the tooltip for a data template in a grid view. I am binding the value to the tooltip dynamically and it differs from item to item. When I hover on the item and move the mouse wheel the tooltip does not disappear. I observed the same behavior with skydrive metro app also. Is there any way to change the time for which the tooltip is displayed.

I even tried with the animations and the storyboard but none worked. The showDuration property for the tooltip service in xaml which was previously available now seems to be deprecated in metro style app xaml. Please let me know if there are any alternatives to this.

Please provide some information on this.

• Edited by Ramya SJ Monday, January 07, 2013 9:49 AM
    Monday, January 07, 2013 9:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As far as I know, there is no such property in Tooltip. Here is the tooltip's template.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/xaml/jj709932.aspx

Maybe we can create a tooltip by ourselves and we can control the show time of tooltip.

Best regards,
    Jesse

Jesse Jiang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, January 08, 2013 3:49 AM
  •   Thanks for the reply  Jesse .  There is an event that occurs when the tooltip opens "OnOpened" i think this can be used to begin a story board animation so that

that tooltip disappears pretty soon. but the problem is that the tool tip is part of a data template for a grid. Not able to find the tooltip.

Wednesday, January 09, 2013 4:27 PM